NJMCDirect E-ZPass is an electronic toll system that drivers can use to pay the toll instead of paying in cash. Drivers must create an E-ZPass account, obtain the E-Zpass at www.njmcdirect.com, and add funds.
They must prepay the toll (that is, money previously added to the passport) and attach an electronic device called a tag or transponder to their vehicle. Seventeen US states, including New Jersey, currently use the NJMCDirect E-ZPass. With this pass, you can pay tolls when you go through toll roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, etc.
Individual Account Requirements
A single account can have up to 6 tags per account. The requirements are:
- Two-axle vehicles registered or rented to individuals
- Cars, motorcycles, trucks, vans, and motorhomes
Business Account Requirements
A merchant account can have an unlimited number of tags per account. The requirements are:
- Vehicles approved or leased for a business or commercial company with two or more axles.
- Tractors, vans, car carriers, and other trucks, buses, vans, cars, motorcycles, and motorhomes.
Login To NJMCDirect E-ZPass
Here are the steps to register for NJMCDirect E-ZPASS:
- First, visit the official E-ZPASS website (www.ezpassnj.com) in your preferred browser.
- There you will see a box called Login / Register. You will see a button, click here to login/register, click this button at the bottom of this box.
- A page appears when you click on it. You will need to enter your NJMCDirect E-ZPass username, password, and security message.
- After entering all the information, click the login button.
- Then your E-ZPASS account will be successfully linked.
NJMCDirect E-ZPass Payment
NJMCDirect E-ZPass recommends that you use the following automatic payment methods;
- Credit / debit card
- Checking/savings account
The following financial institutions are accepted for payment:
- To discover
- American express